Sugar High Friday has come once again ! A month really is too long a time... Hosted by Spittoon, this month's theme's dairy products, inspiring, that's for sure. As soon as I saw this I knew what I would be doing, no hesitating there. ICE CREAM, of course. Yeah, I know, it's not really the season to get ice-cream induced headaches but, hey, there's no season for ice cream, at least not for me.

And let me tell you folks, this one's a real keeper ! You'll love its delightfully fudgy flavour. And it'll probably do wonders with pretty much everything, over a warm, home-made pie for exemple. It's also real simple, the only tricky part being in making the caramel as it shouldn't burn (you) nor crystallize.

(I know the eggs aren't really dairy but they looked pretty so... :p)

Salted Butter Caramel Ice Cream

Serves 5

  • 50 cl whipping cream
  • 30 g sugar for cream
  • 5 eggs yolks
  • 100 g sugar for caramel
  • 50 g salted butter

Beat egg yolks with 30 g sugar until the mass thickens, whitens and doubles in volume.

Bring 30 cl whipping cream to the boil and pour over the egg yolks, whipping constantly. Pour back into saucepan and cook until cream becomes very thick (not too thick, thought, are the final product would get a nasty, granulous texture). Take off from the heat and allow to cool down.

In another saucepan, prepare a caramel with very little water. Once you obtain a nice caramel, take off from the heat and add immediatly buteer and the left-over 20 cl whipping cream. Put back on the stove to melt the residual bits of sugar that could have appeared.

Mix the two creams together. Allow to cool down completely before pouring into your ice-cream maker. Serve directly after taking out of the machine.

Recipe source : Du caramel plein la bouche, Trish Deseine

3 commentaires:

J'adore la glace au caramel, une recette à essayer, mais j'attends que le thermomètre soit plus clément;-)

12:30 PM  

Thanks a lot Andrew !
I'd never heard of EBBP4 and am grateful for the invitation yet I think it's a bit too pro for me :p
Your pics are beautiful though!

8:15 PM  

I adore ice cream; even though it is really quite simple, it's probably my favourite dessert. Your caramel (yum!) ice cream looks DELICIOUS.

8:30 PM  

Article plus récent Article plus ancien Accueil

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds